Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cliff in Arlington

As the title of the post suggests, Cliff is away at a children's ministry conference in Arlington. You may be asking why in the world I didn't take the chance to go with him considering it would have meant 4 days with my family? I'm asking the same question...ha! Well kind of. He has planned to go to this conference for many months now and I just couldn't get away from work and school again. I took a week off when Aleigh was born so that counted as some really good family time...with both sides! While I'm a little bummed, it has been a busy week so far.

For family and old friends...guess who is helping to run the conference??? Laura Fillingim! She works for Lifeway up in Nashville and came to TX to help out. I told Cliff she was going to be there and told him to say hi and be really nice since Laura is one of my oldest friends and since she came all the way from Georgia for our wedding! Cliff says he's gotten to say hi and chat with her a few times...although he called her "Audra" when he first saw her. HAhahah! That must have been awkward.

Anyway, yesterday I had work and school all day until 9. Also, my HUGE paper is due on Monday. I am totally stressed about it. It is sort of like my thesis for graduation although not quite as long as a traditional thesis. This one paper has challenged me more than anything else from the past two years, which is pretty annoying considering I just want it OVER with and for December to be here.

Tonight I get to go hang out with my friend Emily and her two boys! I'm looking forward to spending time with them and getting my mind off this paper.

Tomorrow is work and church till late and then Cliff will be home on Thursday!

No baby news really. I'm feeling great and the baby appears to be growing. I have a sonogram on Monday! Can't wait to see the first pictures! I'll throw this in though for all of you who might be wondering...Cliff and I decided not to find out if it is a boy or a girl. We're shooting for the big surprise at the end!

2 comments:

Kalie said...

I'm so excited that you aren't going to find out what the baby is until he or she gets here! There are very few true surprises left in life - but this sure will be one!

Jon Smedley said...

I am not so patient so we are finding out when we have our sonogram on monday! We will be sure to give you guys a call monday night to let you know the big news. It is cool you are waiting but after situations with the girls in our youth ministry I need time to prepare if baby is a girl!