Monday, April 20, 2009

The List-Revisited

****Garden planted-made me late back from lunch, but it's done! Only time will tell... :)

The weekend came and went in its usual blustery pace. The list from the previous post did not nearly get completed, but it was a good weekend nonetheless.

Cliff was gone most of the day with church stuff and I worked to remove the grass from the area where we planned to build the raised garden. (Thanks Aunt Lynne for the shovel tip...it worked out pretty good) I went to Wal-Mart, Home Depot and our local nursery and bought lots of dirt and stuff to plant in the garden. Cliff got home and he built the area for the garden. It looks great and is very sturdy! He did an awesome job! I also cleared out a section for another flower bed. I'll post pics later. I won't be doing my rose garden this spring. :( Cliff and I decided to wait, but I have another area that I'm trying to figure out what to do with. Hannah and Joe stopped by to visit for a while too.

I found out it takes a whole heck of alot of dirt and stuff to fill an 8X4 raised garden. I didn't have near enough so I didn't get the stuff planted.

I got the laundry folded but not put away. I found out my grandparents were in the area and were going to come visit on Sunday! After church I ran by Home Depot again to get more soil and an 8 foot board to complete the bed. Grandmama and Papa Don were going to come to lunch, but Papa Don was sick so they ended up coming around 2. I filled in the rest of the bed and then fixed lunch for us. Grandmama and Papa Don stayed until I had to go to church for Bible Buddies. We had a great time visiting. They have been on a week long trek around Texas. I am thankful that they stopped in to see where we live.

Needless to say the garden hasn't gotten planted. I have class tonight from 5-10, so I'm heading home for lunch to do as much as I can in about 45 minutes. Ahh!! I hope they don't die. This whole garden expiriment is alot of work...let's just hope it actually produces something. Ha!

I didn't get the fabric for the pillows. Had to put that on the backburner. I'm determined to get those done though!

This weekend we have a wedding in Dallas to go to. Cliff is in the wedding. It'll be a quick trip, but we should get to see some family I'm hoping!

1 comment:

The Dunton's said...

Jess, I love you and I'm so happy to hear that you're happily busy. Your garden looks great! Ours is doing pretty well - we've gotten LOTS of rain for it the last few weeks.
I mainly am posting to say that my dad is Ruby's Papa Don and so it was fun to see that you have one too. :)
Love you, can't wait to see you again!