Friday, April 3, 2009

Big Weekend!

I have 40 more minutes of work left here at the receptionist desk. Then begins the Mother/Daughter sleepover at our family life center. I am excited to get to know some of our kids and their moms better tonight. The event is from 8pm-8am. Long Night 'O Fun! We'll be having a mother/daughter game (think newlywed game), bingo with prizes, midnight buffet complete with a chocolate fountain, three movies throughout the night, and lots of other games and crafts. Should be a blast. We are hoping that it is a special night for moms and daughters to bond and to meet other church family.

This weekend is also very special for my Mimi and Bipaw. I hate that I have to miss their special day on Sunday! If I had a buddy to drive me to Ruidoso after 24 hours of sleep deprivation I'd be there. :( This weekend, the J Bar J Country Church is dedicating their new building to the Lord and his service. I am so thankful and blessed to be born in to the family that I am with such a strong Christian Heritage. God has used Bipaw to start three churches in Arlington, Rush Creek, Cornerstone and South Oak Baptist Churches. Mimi and Bipaw retired to New Mexico and God said that he was not done using them in the ministry! Bipaw started a Bible study several years ago on Tuesday nights for people who worked during the tourist season and others who were not interested in traditional church. That Bible study has grown and now the JBarJ has grown so much that they have built a new building. One thing I have learned watching Bipaw in ministry is that God is a creative God who is always working even when we may not perceive it. This is evident in the life of Mimi and Bipaw. They live a life that humbly hopes in God's ever faithful promises.

Mimi and Bipaw, thank you for your example to me of how to be obedient to Christ. Thank you for always being open to his leadership even when it is difficult, but more importantly showing me that it is an awesome ride! I love ya'll and will be thinking about you all weekend. :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

what an exciting weekend! the mother/daughter sleepover sounds like fun!! :)