Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wedding, Family and GAs

Last weekend Cliff and I went to Allen, TX by way of my parent's house. Cliff was in Jay Miller's wedding. Jay sang in our wedding and now he's married too! I didn't get any photos of the wedding. I'll have to snag some off of facebook when they post some. :)

We drove in to Arlington on Thursday night and spent the morning with some of my family. We played and played with our girls. They sure are growing!! Lerin in 3 1/2, Robbyn is almost 2 and Dakota is one in June! Wow! Time flies. Below are pictures of the girls. Aren't they cute! We have one more baby on the way too. Leigh will be having number three in October. Can't wait to find out if it will be a girl or a boy!




This Wednesday we took my 4th and 5th GA group to the High Plains Food Bank. These are the girls I hang out with every Wednesday night. They are so much fun! They worked hard that night sorting and boxing snacks.



What a busy, busy week it has been! You should see my house...it's a mess! We worked everyday and then here is a breakdown of our evenings...

Monday...Jess had class til 10
Tuesday...work out, school work and home
Wednesday...church till 9
Thursday...Cliff had VBS associational training. we were at church till 9:30
Friday...picked up Joel Gregory's luggage at the airport then went to dinner with our associate pastor and his family. Cliff and I went and got coffee after since we hadn't really talked all week!

Friday was Debbie's birthday too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

And today has been just as crazy. The morning was relatively slow, but then we had a luncheon at the church. The Acteens put together a luncheon for some less fortunate in our community. We were there to chat and help the guests feel comfortable. Our news anchor Andy Justus spoke...I got to meet him...he's a celebrity in our town. Ha! Cliff was making fun of me for being excited about meeting him. We hit up Sam's afterwards and stocked up on some things. We made a trip to bet Cliff's bow fixed. He'll be gone the next two weekends to go to the land to hunt. I'm bummed I can't go...such is life at this point. Cliff spent the afternoon with 6th graders at a bowling party while I took a much needed nap.

And finally....THE GARDEN! Check it out. :) Cliff built the 8X4 raised garden. I filled it with an organic mix of three kinds of stuff. As you can see it is a mix of alot of random vegetables. We've got cucumbers, squash, tomatos, peppers, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, green beans, okra, etc. The seeds have yet to pop through. We saw one start comig up, but it has been kinda cool here the last couple of days and I think it retreated. I ran out of room for some of the seeds so I just three them in another area where I planted the azalea bush.
These are the herbs I planted in my big blue pot. I love this because it is so pretty! I can't wait to use them once they get established and grow some more.

And here is the azalea bush. It was really cheap and since we didn't get the rose garden going, I put this in a corner where we don't have much grass growing. I cleared out the area. It is semi shade so we didn't put any roses here. It looks like it is doing well so far so we'll see how it grows!






1 comment:

Debbie said...

great garden!! im so jealous...ours failed miserably last year!