Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April!

Whoa! Is it really April already? I feel like just yesterday I was worried to death about my internship and if I'd ever really get to a halfway point. Well, I'm not quite halway to my 500 hours, but 211 is getting there.

Cliff and Debbie blew in to Amarillo with the 24 hour blizzard last Friday. We were snowed in all day on Friday. The snow was pretty much melted by Saturday night so we got out of the house most of the day shopping and messing around town. It was soooo good to have them with us for a couple of days. It was so good to get to talk and catch up face to face after not seeing eachother in too long. Plus, I got a new car with their arrival and Cliff got our ice maker working!!

Things are really picking up around here! April is looking very very busy already. Every weekend is booked with stuff. Like this Friday night I'll be spending the night at our Family Life Center with 67 Moms and Daughters at our first Mother/Daughter Sleepover. I'll be hosting fun stuff along with Robbie and some other girls all night from 8pm to 8am. Cliff, Robbie and Martha have been working sooo hard to get it all pulled together. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post afterward. I've been out of college life for almost three years now and I'm not sure how I'll do being at work all day and then up ALL night that night. Ugh! I'm sure it'll be a blast though. A great opportunity for me to connect with some of our kids and their Moms.

Then the next weeked is Easter. Mom is coming to visit!! Yeah! She'll fly in Thursday afternoon and get to stay through Saturday. I am so thankful that she is coming. With Easter comes several nights of special church stuff, Thursday night and Friday night there are services and then the big day on Sunday. I'm hoping that we get to spend Sunday lunch with Kalie's family. The past two years we have spent Easter with them. They are so sweet to treat us like family.

Then the next week we have several kid's Sunday school parties to attend. I am hoping that I can get a garden planted then. It looks like that is the only semi-open time I'll have. Then the next weekend we'll be heading to Fort Worth because Cliff is in a wedding. Jay Miller is getting married. He's the guy that played the guitar and sang in our wedding.

Whew! I'm already exhuasted by it all. To add on to all of that school is picking up and I've got to write two big papers at some point.

I'm looking forward to all of the business. I'm ready for spring and some warmer weather. Tonight we're expecting snow again, maybe the last of the year. Crazy Amarillo!

No comments: