Thursday, April 16, 2009

This Week

It's almost Friday...CAN'T WAIT! I have a list a mile long that I want to get done. Many things that I've been wanting to accomplish for weeks!
  • Prepare and plant a small garden
  • Plant some roses!
  • Buy fabric for new pillows for our living room furniture. I've got some picked out and I can't wait until they get done. Don't expect pictures anytime soon. Saturdays free of stuff only come around like once a month!
  • Fold a mountain of laundry that I've washed in phases all week.
  • Figure out a plan for my final group project for the semester
  • Work on my t-shirt blanket
  • Clean some of my house

So I'm not getting my hopes up, but most of this probably won't actually happen. The fabric is on sale, so I'm gonna stop by and pick that up. And I am absolutely determined to get a garden planted! I hope the rain holds off. I have been hoping to get it done for so long!

Cliff has three or four Sunday school parties to attend all day on Saturday so I won't have his help getting the garden started. Bummer...we'll see how far I get. Cliff wants to save the area of grass where the garden will be. I'm going to do my best to move it...I'm afraid that will take me the longest!

In other news...

Mom came to visit last weekend. I got to have her an extra night because her plane was cancelled on Saturday night. It was so much fun talking with her and shopping and hanging out. She helped me paint our bedroom. It looks awesome. When I get pictures hung I'll post a pic. I love being with family. It is so good being with people who 'get you.' I have been better this year about not crying everytime I think about all of the special family moments I am missing by living so far away. I still hate it just as much, but I'm learning to cope. It is hard missing a peice of yourself. Check out Patricia and Aaron's blog for all of the sweet baby moments of the past month with Dakota!

Cliff is in full swing VBS and summer schedule mode. He is getting really excited about all of the activities with the kids. He's going back to Kenya this year, but I'll be staying here. I do get to go to camp though! Just too much work, school and internship this year.

Wish me luck over the weekend! I guess I won't be sleeping in...too much to do!!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

oooo you are ambitious! FYI about the grass...if you don't have one borrow or buy an flat bottom square shovel. You can just slice the grass off kind of like slicing cheese with a cheese slicer. Any other kind of shovel will make the work twice as hard and long.
Have fun, wish I was going to be there to help!
Luv Ya Aunt Lynne

Debbie said...

a MOUND of laundry is on my to-do list, too! it's so easy to wash everything....just hate putting it all away! haha :)