Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ressurection Week

It is such a wonderful week to be a follower of Jesus. Our church here in Amarillo has given us so many opportunities to remember the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins and his ressurection. Tonight we can participate in a worship Labrynth. A Labrynth is a worship experience where one is free to move about to different stations. It incorporates all senses as you move through the stations.

Tomorrow night we are going to participate in a sader meal. It is like the last supper. Mom is coming in tomorrow afternoon, which I am soo excited about! She'll get to go to the meal at church with us. Then Friday night we will have a Good Friday service and have communion. I am so thankful for the change in my routine this week. I am thankful that I have Friday off of work but even more thankful for these opportunities to really remember why this week is so important.

My life would be so different without Jesus in my life. When I despair, He is my hope, when I am worried or scared, He is my strength! The fact that Jesus suffered and died such a cruel death and then rose again by His own power after three days gives me such hope for this world it is incredible! I have no choice but to be humbled before Him and give my life for His purposes. Yes, that means I will make many choices in this life that are painful or that look absolutely rediculous to the rest of the world. My life is not my own, I have been bought with a price. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. I fail so often at choosing His way, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that His way is good and perfect. I have hope because of Jesus that my friends will choose Him again after years of running away from Him and know His love once again or maybe for the first time. I have hope that in this world where so many millions are suffering from abuse, neglect, malnutrition and poverty that He can sooth their hurts and comfort them in their distress.

We all can have hope in a hopeless world because of Jesus!

No comments: