Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First week in January

I am so thankful for the New Year and a new start. The holidays were wonderful with lots of time spent with family. I will always treasure the time spent with all of my family. This move to Amarillo has brought home to me how prescious family is! I am sure that 2009 will be a memorable year. Two new babies will be added to the family: Dom and Luke are due August and I just found out that my cousin Chase and his new wife will also be having a baby sometime early fall! That means two new babies at Thanksgiving...what fun!!!

For me, this year will mean an end to my schooling FOREVER! I will graduate with my Master's in Social Work this December after I complete a 500 hour internship, a few classes and a huge paper at the end.

I started my internship yesterday. I was really nervous...just mostly unsure about what to expect, but the day went very good! I got to attend a CPS staffing where cases are presented for placement. Most of the day I just read the manual, which was pretty dry. However, I've always wondered what the standards were for Child Placing Agencies so it was interesting.

I am doing my internship with the foster/adoption branch of
Catholic Family Services.
It will be interesting to see where this takes me. I should finish my hours late July or early August. I will have the opportunity to work with foster families, birth mothers, and adoptive families. I will learn how to do home studies for potential families interested in taking in children who need a family.

It is strange to be finishing up my last year of school. I feel fortunate and blessed for this opportunity to further my education. I have many questions for what to do after this...so many unknowns.

2009 also holds another fun ski trip to Steamboat with the family, an entire week with Dakota, our 3rd anniversary, several friends are getting married (Cassie, Lorin, Jay, Chris), new babies, graduation, fun kids events this summer, and who knows what else!! I look forward to this year of growth and change.

I will post pics of Christmas soon, maybe tonight if we get home from church at a decent hour. Cliff took the camera last week hunting so I haven't had a chance to post pictures.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

The Dunton's said...

Two new babies for Thanksgiving! I can hardly believe it. We're already set the standard, though. We've got to have two new ones every year!