Monday, January 19, 2009

A Funny Story!

I love my husband soooo much! He can make me laugh like no one else. We have so much fun together! Well today was no different. Usually it is Cliff laughing at me for something I did, but not today. No, today was Cliff's turns to be the object of the joke. :)

So Cliff had a basketball date at our Family Life Center with some of the guys from the church. (Sidenote: our pastor encourages all staff to use one of their working hours in the gym getting some excercise, isn't that cool!) Anyway, Cliff was going to play basketball with some of the guys at around 4 o'clock. He heads over to the FLC and changes clothes in the locker room. He pulls out this HPU Tennis t-shirt that he had brought from home and gets really uncomfortable because it is a little tight. He had been gone to a Children's Ministry Retreat in Salado and thought he'd eaten way too much and packed on some pounds this week. He was feeling really self conscious and when playing basketball kept having his shirt come up and showing his belly every time he shot!

Fast forward an hour....I come over after I get off duty as the receptionist at 5 to work out myself. I was up in the weight room doing some ab work and Cliff strolls in and is like, "Jess! I've got a problem...I didn't know I'd put on so much weight!! I really need to work out more!" The whole time I was thinking, well yeah, that shirt does look really small, but it probably isn't any big deal. He still looked fine to me, just in a smaller shirt. I told him to turn around and let me check the tag. Sure enough...he's got my medium t-shirt on. (We both have that t-shirt) hahahahaha!! He was really freaked out by it and was sooo worried about it the whole time he was playing basketball! We laughed for a while up there. Well, me more than him because he was really worried that he had gotten too fat for his t-shirts and didn't even know it had happened! He was telling me that he was about to come home and throw away all snacks.

He wouldn't let me take a picture of him...he's still got the t-shirt on and it's almost 10 o'clock. Sorry for no visuals, but it was a funny evening for us nonetheless. :)

5 comments:

Lynne said...

I love this story! It sounds like something Bobby would do. Well, yea, you don't have to throw out all the snacks.

Leigh said...

What a funny story! Tell Cliff he should have let you take a pic so we could all share in the fun! Love you Cliff!!!

The Norvells said...

LOL...that story doesn't need visuals....we can picture it ourselves :>). Ah yes...the post wedding weight...we've all been there, done that, and probablly have a too small tshirt to commemorate the occassion, too.

Robin said...

Yes, Chris and I had a little giggle about the t-shirt switch-a-roo.... good story jess, good story!

Robin said...

Yes, Chris and I had a little giggle about the t-shirt switch-a-roo.... good story jess, good story!