Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fun project!

This weekend has been really nice. Cliff and I got to hang out on Saturday after he got home form watching little kids play basketball up at the church most of the morning. I started a fun project...that doesn't have anything to do with the house! I started a t-shirt blanket! I've saved t-shirts from high school and the million that i accumulated in college and had been keeping them in a plastic sack forever. They seriously have moved with us from Brownwood. I almost donated them a couple of times because I thought it was silly to save them when I didn't even have a sewing machine. But I'm glad I didn't because thanks to Cliff and Debbie I now have a sewing machine that I got for Christmas! And I busted it out this weekend to try it out. It was really easy to get started and I learned the basics pretty quick.

I have one whole side of my blanket finished. Thanks Aunt Lynne for the advice! I think it is goign to turn out pretty good...we'll see what happens when I actually start doing the finishing touches. It is pretty huge...at least 7' X 6'! I know, kinda crazy but Cliff and I agreed it'd work for a big family blanket to snuggle with on the couch. I am convinced it is going to be my favorite, most comfy blanket in the house! :)

Below are a couple of pictures of the top part of the blanket. It is laid out in my cleanest most peaceful room in the house. Every other room is sort of crazy, but this one stays clean. :) It has the ironing board set up in it, but that can be picked up and put away in no time.

So, great weekend, nothing got done on the house, but it was nice and fun to do a fun project.

O and Cliff and I went fishing Saturday afternoon. It was so nice to spend time together in the quiet of a beautiful sunny afternoon by a large pond. There were THOUSANDS of geese there too. Like totally covering half of this huge pond! (I guess you'd call it a pond because it isn't really a lake I don't think) Anyway, we got to stay about 2 or 3 hours and got to see the geese all take off. They were so pretty and really loud. They even dripped on us as they flew away. We didn't catch any fish, but it was still fun!




4 comments:

Claire said...

Hey Jessica (and Cliff!)...

I'm Cliff's friend, Claire...I've known him since about...first grade (or maybe kindergarten)..lol. (: Anyway...

I just started reading your blog, and I was thrilled to read this entry. I've been saving tshirts for the EXACT same reason - although I think my hubby thinks I'm nuts. I don't have a sewing machine - yet...nor do I really think I could sew. How easy was the quilt to make? I'm looking forward to making one for us someday - it's great to know that I'm not the only one who's been lugging a huge bag of tshirts around from town to town. (:

The Norvells said...

I have my tshirts in a plastic sac too...ready to be sewn when I have spare time. Truth be told...I have the time, just not the skills to make one yet. I like how you just sewed them all together. Lots of quilts I have seen have borders around each individual tshirt and it totally intimitated me to make mine look perfect. I think I will follow your example. Super cute!!!!
PS- I added yall to my blog roll...hope you don't mind :>).

Lynne said...

Good job, Jess! I told you it would be easy.

Leigh said...

Jess, I am so proud of you! That quilt looks so good. I can't wait to see the finished product! I miss you lots!
Love Ya