Monday, June 30, 2008

Quick Update

Good Monday Morning to you all! It has been a pretty good weekend in Amarillo, TX. The weather has been so nice with highs in the mid to upper 80s. The air conditioner in our apartment went out Saturday night. I called the repair guy Sunday at noon after church and had it fixed by about 4. Outside was so nice that while I cooked lunch I just kept the two doors open and it was quite pleasant.

I cooked my first brisket Sunday! It turned out perfectly thanks to the recipe from www.thepioneerwoman.com. Even Cliff loved it! I got up at 4:30am Sunday and put the brisket in the oven so that it would be ready for lunch. Cliff got home about 12:30, the brisket had been cooled and trimmed of fat and we had a great meal with the addition of crash hot potatos (also recipe from the website) and squash. Yum!

Friday night we had a free date courtesy of a gift card to Basil Doc's and movie tickets from Tom, my boss. We saw Wall E and somewhat enjoyed it. Had no idea it had a going green message! Poor Cliff was pretty bored.

Last night Hannah Thompson came through town and stayed the night with us. It was so good to visit with her for a bit! This morning it's back to work and back to a normal week of work/school.

Have a great week! Happy almost 4th!

1 comment:

Ziptieisthenewducttape said...

Yay, brisket! The weather has been nice here too (hot but nice). You were right since Ruby and Dakota got here there are lots of memories of the 4 of us growing up. Its also kind of strange looking at my baby pictures and seeing our parents in the same situation we are now. Very surreal. Ginger and Ruby and I Love you both very much and we hope we get to see you before Turkeyday.