Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday again

It's Friday again. This week seems to have gone by really fast for me. I am sooooo glad it's the weekend, well almost. First, I have to make it through another Friday at the church. It is really quiet around here!

Cliff and I don't have much planned for the weekend. I am going to cook pasta tonight and then tomorrow attempt to make my first brisket. We'll see how that turns out. I bought a pretty cheap one in case it got messed up. We'll be graduating to the more expensive briskets as we have more people to feed and less of a chance for a ruined brisket. :) Other than cooking, I plan to sleep in tomorrow, work out and lay by the pool. I also heard that Old Navy was having a sale, $1 flip flops, so we'll probably make a trip by there too.

Sunday night, my friend Hannah is coming through town. She is going to stay the night with us. I am glad to have the chance to get to hang out for a little bit with her. I've missed Hannah and Joe! They live in Brownwood. We served with them at FBCBrownwood, but before that we were college friends.

Next weekend my parents are coming to visit. I have Friday off for the 4th and we're just going to hang out. Probably go check out Route 66. They have a fun strip of antique malls and interesting restaurants/coffee shops. Also, we might go check out the play at Palo Duro.

Please continue to pray for our family. Debbie is back in Rusk this weekend taking care of her Dad and other family things. Pray for them to have peace amidst the grief and confusion.

Until next time...

No comments: