Friday, July 11, 2008

Camps, Cramps and More Camps!

That title pretty much explains our week here in Amarillo. Cliff was camp pastor for three camps this week! He spoke to 1st and 2nd grade girls at GA day camp at a campgrounds near Amarillo. Then Tuesday through today he is teaching twice a day to kids participating in Upward Basketball Camp here at the Famil Life Center. Then last night he preached at GA resident camp for the older GAs. He did such a great job. There were even some girls who made some decisions last night. God is so good to Cliff helping him be creative and speak truth in love to these kids. He says that he loved doing all of this and hopes for more opportunities to do camp pastoring stuff.

Me on the other hand...I was poor Cliff's burden for the week. ;) I was sick! Sunday I started feeling sick, slept four hours that afternoon then went to church thinking I was fine. I wasn't...went to work Monday thinking I was fine...I wasn't! I left at 2pm that day feeling dizzy and cramping soooo bad. After getting up every half hour through the night I went to the doc in the box at 8:00am when they opened. Three hours later, a bag of saline solution, a shot, and other embarassing happenings I found out that I had a gastrointestinal bacterial infection that had spread to cause my bladder to be infected! I had gotten really dehydrated so they put an IV of fluid in me. Now two days later I am finally feeling like a normal person again. Thank the Lord...just in time for the weekend. :)

Update: I just received a call from the doctor....the cause of all of the cramps and other terrible things was from salmonella poisoning! Crazy...I have no idea how I got it. They said to keep eating bland food, one problem...I was craving Schlotsky's and had a sandwich for lunch...not so bland. I hope I don't suffer for that later! :)

You know what I kept thinking when I was feeling so terrible?? I was thinking that there are billions of people who live with this kind of pain day in and day out with no hope for medical help or relief. No relief from the harsh conditions of their living environment, no relief with clean water and healthy food to regain strength. Check out my favorite blogs and see the one on Real Hope for Haiti. As much as I was begging God to make me better, I was humbled to realize that I am blessed to live where I am to have access to medical care and a husband who takes great care of me. Remember those kids in the pics on that blog next time you're sick and be thankful through the pain!!

Thanks Cliff for taking such good care of me even though it has been a hectic week! I love you!

Miss you all family :)

No comments: