Thursday, June 12, 2008

Goodmorning!

Goodmorning everyone! So, it has been one crazy week so far. We have had something to be at every night, and it's the week before VBS which means utter craziness anyway. Monday night I had class #2. We have a test next week, woohoo. Then Tuesday night we had dinner with three couples. Two were introducing us to a young couple who is relatively new to Amarillo like us. They don't know anyone their age really so we were hooked up to make friends. It had the potential to be very awkward, but the other two couples helped make it more comfortable. Meg and Jonathan were very sweet people. Meg is a counselor in town and Jonathan is a lawyer. We hope to get together again sometime, or at least Meg and I will at some point.

Then last night we had church at a city park. Well really, the whole church was invited to have a fun night together. We swam and played volleyball. It was actually a really fun night. I am realizing something about myself these days. I still do not feel real comfortable around all of these church people yet. We showed up and I was really really wanting Cliff to stay with me for a little bit. He of course feels real comfortable, in his medium if you will. I am not so sure I"m there yet. And I'm not sure he knows this either. He immediately drops his stuff, runs to play volleyball and I'm standing awkwardly holding all of our stuff. Fun Fun, I was thinking. This is going to be one long night. So I finally go set my stuff down and sit next to some staff people. It got better as the night went on. I decided to get in the pool which was really cold. I moved from group to group feeling a little awkward until I found some kids. Kids are great, ya know! We played and had a good time after that. :) I guess I still have some work to do to feel at home here.

Tonight we are going over to the Raines' house. Jeff is the associate minister. All of the staff was invited over to have a cook out. I'm bringing a fruit salad. Have to run to the store after work and get all of the stuff, run home fix it, and then be at their house around 6.

Cliff is doing great this week, although maybe somewhat stressed and overworked. :) He is getting ready for VBS this week. I am so proud of him. He was jokingly made Employee of the month by our preschool minister, Elaine Clark. He had a poster board set in the office with his picture and an award to top it off. Everyone got a good laugh yesterday. We are both excited to see what next week will be like with nearly 1000 kids and a ton of workers. We are even going to have a beach scene with real sand outside for the kids. I'll post pictures next week so that you can see. :)

No comments: