Saturday, May 23, 2009

Going with the Flow

I had high hopes yesterday that Cliff and I would go camping at Palo Duro with all of our gear.  I had been looking forward to this for weeks!---sleeping in a tent with my husband, being out in the God's creation, hiking, cooking camp out food and just being away from real life stuff.  No TV and no phones, sounds heavenly to me.  I worked Friday and we were going to head out when I got off.  Well, Mr. Amarillo news man predicted rain and shower Friday night and through the whole weekend.  After much disappointment and tears on my part we abandoned our camping plans.  Our first adventure into the camping unknown did not need to include thunderstorms and such.  As our luck would have it, it has been a magnificently beautiful past 24 hours and we missed our chance!  

So...here's me trying to go with the flow and enjoy the outdoors!


I'm catching some rays in order to have some color for Emily's wedding next weekend.  It is absolutely gorgeous out here.  The birds are chirping and I'm jamming to some country music on the lap top.  

Last night we went to dinner with Hannah and Joe.  We got home late and I went to bed and slept a really long time!  I made Cliff some blueberry muffins and we hit the town.  We went to Mardel's to buy a birthday gift for our niece.  I can't wait to finish it and give it to her. I'll let everyone know after they open it.  I think it'll be pretty special.  Dakota will be 1 year old on June 5th. Wow!  

We also stopped by two pet stores. I'm on the hunt for a bunny rabbit. Anyone have one available??  After a year of talking about getting one, I think I've about got Cliff convinced. This was the farthest I've gotten him in actually looking for one.  However, much to my dismay...the pet stores don't carry them.  What is up with that?!  They did have some adorable kittens though.  O well...the hunt continues!

We just got done watching The Boy in Striped Pajamas. Sad movie, but good cuddling time. :)  We don't have any other plans for the weekend really.   Church tomorrow and tomorrow night so no camping possibility for Sunday night.  I guess we'll be getting stuff around here and pretty much just being lazy.  

I used to think I was a pretty easy going girl who didn't need much of a plan.  The older I'm getting though the more I need a plan. When that plan gets disrupted I am one unhappy chick.  I hate that I am like this.  It really makes my husband's life very difficult.  I'm working on it!  Life is so full of change each and every moment.  I recognize this and yet I still strive for structure and order.  I am so thankful for a patient and forgiving God who has given my husband those same characteristics.  

As you can see from the picture above I am enjoying this afternoon!!  

Happy long weekend everyone!

No comments: