Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend Plans

I'm trying not to have a pity party right now. I'm sitting at my receptionist job with a long day ahead. Cliff left for the second weekend in a row to go hunting at the Land. He has been gone since yesterday morning and will be back tomorrow night sometime. I'm so glad he gets to go see family and relax for a while. He has been running ragged with church and school work.

I've been "parenting" for the past couple of days. My Sunday school teachers left to go to the beaches in Mexico for a few days. I've been staying at their house with two teenagers and a 3rd grader since Wednesday night. I really didn't have to do much since they are so self sufficient. They get themselves to school by way of a bike or their normal ride schedule. I ended up having to work late yesterday and they all got themselves home from school too. The oldest fixed us dinner last night and we pretty much just hung out. I took the youngest out for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. The middle girl had dance two nights in a row until 11 and 10! Poor thing is so tired getting up to go to school today. Their grandma is coming in today so I'll have the weekend to myself.

Mom, Leigh anad the girls are heading to Houston today for Caitlin's graduation. Another reason for a possible pity party! I wish I could be with them. Leigh found out yesterday that she is going to have another baby GIRL!

I plan to clean my house and sew tonight. It is supposed to storm all afternoon and evening so I'll just be staying in. Tomorrow I have a baby shower at 10 and then I had hoped to go hike out at the Canyon. There is a 6 mile trail out to the Lighthouse that I'd like to go, but I've had some opposition from my husband and Mom. It makes me mad that they don't want me to go out by myself! I guess I understand but really...I've been wanting to go out there for weeks and I was excited about my plans! I finally have a full day to go but they think it is too dangerous. Something about boogie men waiting to pounce! I'm conflicted. I guess I should "obey my husband" and "honor my mother." Would it be wrong to go?? I have no fear about it and truly it would be such a refreshing time with me and the Lord. I have no friends here to call up and go with me. Hannah is out of town!

I'm thinking I'll still go...weighing the options! How can I be 25, have a weekend to myself and still allow others to control my actions.

I'm going to make the most of my day here in the office and enjoy the quiet night alone. I'm looking forward to knocking out some more pillows. I'll post some pics later!

No comments: