Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Morning

It is a beautiful morning here in Amarillo. Slightly cool this morning and then it will be a glorious 85 degrees by this afternoon! I am so thankful for the warm weather.

I didn't get to go to the Canyon on Saturday. It rained all day and threatened storms, but I enjoyed a productive day at home and Cliff got home around 7:30.

I finished my pillows for the living room. They look great! I'll take a picture this week to post. Also, I can't wait to post pictures of my garden! It is really growing so well. There are a few spots where my seeds have germinated, but I'm not quite sure what is what in those areas. I guess I should have drawn a diagram. Ha! :) The garden was planted in total Jessica style...kinda haphazard no thinking about needing to know what is what. The plants that I planted I stuck the little plastic markers next to them so that I'd know what those were. That's a start right?!

Cliff and I were asked to keep our friends 1 year old on Saturday night. I have kept Zoe several times over the past year an I was excited to get a few hours with her again. She was sooo sweet and made me miss my prescious neices even more! We played, had dinner and then settled down to snuggle around 8:30. She cuddled calmly for about 30 minutes then fell asleep. Babies are such special gifts from God. I also go to hold Kenley last night at dinner with all of the staff. She is about a month old and still in that always sleeping stage.

One of the highlights of my weekend was getting to skype with Aaron, Trish and Dakota. Thanks guys for making time for it!!

The week ahead should be a good one. I've got a quick 3 hour seminar tonight for some internship hours. Cliff is in the last couple weeks of his semester and will be doing school work most evenings.

No comments: