Monday, February 23, 2009

Working

I do not have much to post about this week. Cliff and Debbie didn't get to come in town this weekend. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll be able to get them up here to Amarillo!

I was able to get in about 6 hours of internship on Saturday. All foster/adopt families are required to take PRIDE training in the state of Texas. We have a new family interested in adopting domesically so last Sat. and this coming one they were doing their training. I was able to be a part of the training. It covers everything from the legal part of foster/adoption, grief and loss issues, working as a part of a team with the children and a host of other topics. It was really interesting and I was so thankful to get some hours in. I have hit the 100 hour mark. 400 more to go!

I have come to the realization this month that I am really really ready for 2009 to be over and done with already. Granted there are some exciting things going on: several new babies will be added to the family, my best friend's wedding, a cousin's wedding, hopefully a trip to Kenya, and graduation. Mostly though, it will be a year full of work and school. Graduation will be the grandest celebration for me in December.

I am now claiming 2010 as my year!! I am sure it will be anti-climactic which isn't all that bad. I will have the opportunity to arrange my days as I see fit and hopefully discover what God has for my new life. I really feel like 2010 will be a year of new beginnings for me. Can't wait!

Cliff has been working hard at the office and at home for school. He is very excited about all of the things coming up in the ministry. Camp, VBS, summer fun days and so much more.

1 comment:

The Norvells said...

and yes..summer. It's right around the corner....