Sunday, February 15, 2009

Steamboat










We had a fabulous vacation in Steamboat, CO. It was very relaxing and the time spent with family was priceless.  I am so thankful we got to get to know Dakota more. She is sooooo precious.  Cliff and I skied 3 days and enjoyed hanging out the rest of the time.  We got to see "The Lighted Man" at the Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival on Saturday night.  It was this guy all lit up with Christmas lights who skied down the mountain before a big fireworks show.  Then on Sunday we got to go into town again to enjoy the Winter Carvnival parade.  They pushed a ton of snow in to the street and had all kinds of races before the parade.  One of the races was kids on skis being pulled behind horses.  These horses were flying! The kids hit a jump at the end of the road...so crazy. :)

We had snow several days of the week so we were skiing powder every day.  AWESOME!  

Now back to the real world. I think I can make it through the crazy days ahead of school, work and internship.  The week of relaxation did me good.  I'll be done with my internship sometime late summer and then home free until graduation in December.  I normally gripe that time flies too fast, but I do wish that 2009 would hurry up and be over with.  

Next weekend Cliff and Debbie are coming to visit and I can't wait for them to be here. It'll be fun to show off the house and spend a few days with them.  :)

2 comments:

The Norvells said...

Burr...that looks cold! But fun none the less. Glad you had some good r-n-r.

Lynne said...

Loved the pics! All that snow - it looks just like it did on our honeymoon. In fact I think we have a pic of us by that very bus stop!
My favorite is of Dakota on Patricia's tummy...toooo cute!