Sunday, February 1, 2009

Girls Weekend in Bwood

Last weekend I got to go to Brownwood to meet up for our annual Herd Reunion. We were nicknamed the Herd in college at HPU because we travelled in a group wherever we went. There was always a group of friends to be found to head to any meal, class, whatever. I am so thankful for my college years. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those seemingly simple times. And then I remember how exhausted I was by the end of it and I'm thankful that I have the memories even more!


Only some of us could make the trip to Bwood so we missed some of the girls, but it was so nice to be together the ones that could come. These are the ones who got to come and where they are or are going this year.
If you look at the first picture below you can see who was there and what they were up to.
from left to right top row first.

Shannon Kelly-raising money to go live in France and be a missionary at a camp in the mountains. Shannon is such a brave and inspiring friend to me.
Meredith Summers- Meredith will graduate from Truett seminary in August. She is married to Seth. They will both be looking for ministry positions soon.
Kalie Lowrie-living in Bwood working at HPU writing media releases and working with alumni. Also traveling the world several times a year. Apt. mate senior year of college and roommate after I graduated until I married.
Sarah Swimm-Sarah is living in Fort Worth and working for the BNSF railroad. She was one of my first friends at HPU. I have many fun memories in her room where she lived with Brandi.
Kate Whitney-living in Bryan, TX working for TA&M on some agricultural training for Iraqi's. Kate lived in Jordan for about a year and still travels there some for her work.
Stephanie Sapien-Steph was my roommate sophomore year and senior year. She is married to Nick and lives in Bryan, TX where Kate lives.
April Walker-just started a job as a pediatric pharmacist for Cook Children's Hospital. She lives in Mansfield with her husband Johnny who is a minister. I went to school with April from K-12th at Kennedale then roomed with her our freshman year.





This last picture was taken Saturday night at the HPU apartments. Kalie's sister Lorin is the one on the bottom left. She lives there with Crystal and Kelsie. They came to HPU when we were Seniors and now they are Seniors graduating this May. So crazy how time flies!
I also got to see Mom and Dad that weekend. They drove up Saturday morning and we spent a few hours hanging out at the coffee shop. So nice to get to see them!

1 comment:

The Norvells said...

Looks like you had FUN! I recognize a few of those faces....gosh I feel old :>).