Friday, February 6, 2009

Going on Vacation

6 more hours of work for me and then I get to be in vacation mode for a whole week. I am so thankful that I made it to Friday. What a long week! As you can tell from my last post I have struggled to be in a good mood most of the week. I've just been soooo tired!

Even though the first part of the week was tough, yesterday was an awesome day at my internship. I was able to experience and be a part of an adoption placement of a three day old baby. It was truly a special afternoon watching that young couple see their baby girl for the first time. The emotions of that moment were overwhelming...pure joy, anxiety, awe! This young couple had no idea that they were going to get the call to meet their first child yesterday morning. What a great afternoon for all involved!

Tomorrow we'll leave to head to the mountains for some fun! I'll try to post some pics along the way.

2 comments:

Jon Smedley said...

Hey jess, I hope ya'll have fun and clifford gets to feeling better.
We miss you guys and I hope we can all get together for spring break! Enjoy your time with fam and skiing

The Norvells said...

Hope vacation is fun and makes everyone feel better!