Thursday, March 11, 2010

We Wait

I haven't posted much lately. Things are sort of on hold around our house just waiting and waiting for a baby to arrive. Today is my last day of work. I am so very much looking forward to some time off of work before my new "job" begins. The "job" that I have been looking forward to for practically my whole life! I saw the doctor again yesterday. I have made a miniscule amount of progress towards the end goal. She wasn't going to make any predictions on when the baby might come or when we might schedule to be induced. I appreciate her letting this whole thing work as naturally as possible even though we are both anxious to just have this baby here!

I am feeling good for the most part. Of course sleeping is a chore at times for all of the work it takes to change sides and the constant need to go to the bathroom. Ha! Poor Cliff is probably not enjoying his sleep as much either because I end up waking him up off and on at night. He's being such trooper and patiently takes my moans and groans. He will even rub my feet every once in a while even though I know he HATES this. I have had regular swelling in my feet and hands. After really long days, like Wednesdays, it gets pretty bad and uncomfortable. And I have had swelling in my hands causing my fingers to feel tingly. Like they are constantly 'falling asleep.' The nurse said it is just carpel tunnel (sp?) and that I am lucky that it waited this long to start. I think it is just annoying!

The weekend will be nice. We, as in Cliff, will be helping Hannah and Joe move to a new place tonight. I'll be helping out where I can. Then Saturday we are going to meet Mom and Dad in Vernon and swap some furniture. They are bringing a rocking chair and a bassinet and we are going to have them take a chair that I want recovered. It will be nice to enjoy a couple of hours with them. Too bad we live to so far away!

Cliff finished up with his semester last weekend. yay! He has three weeks off until a new semester starts. I know he will enjoy not having to stay up late working on school work for a little while.

Well, that's our life in a nutshell right now. Hopefully we'll have pictures of our new baby very soon to post on here!

1 comment:

Donaldson Family said...

So glad today is your last day of work!! I know how much you have been waiting for this day. Yea!! Love you and miss you!