Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Camden Scott Cary

Camden was born Monday night at 10:44 PM. He weighed 7lbs 13 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He is perfectly healthy and such a pretty baby. We could not be any more proud. Sorry that we have not posted anything yet. We will be taking more pictures and will post them soon.
I ended up having to have a c-section. Today I finally feel like myself and will enjoy the day in the hospital. Camden was twisted up inside and was not moving down properly. I was having regular, strong contractions most of the day but I was not making enough progress from about 2 or 3 o'clock to 9:30 when the doctor came back to check. Dr. Castillo said we could try a couple of more hours but she was sure that the baby's head was turned wrong and would not come down properly. We decided to trust our doc and go in for the c-section. After a few tears from me and a big family prayer they wheeled me in and we had Camden a few minutes later.

I am sad to say that I remember very very little of his birth. They had me very heavily sedated. I remember them announcing that we had a son and then later Cliff brought Camden over to me after he'd been cleaned up. I gave him a kiss and then Cliff asked what I thought about naming him Camden. We had three names to choose from once he was born and Camden was the newest edition as of the day before. I am not sure what words I used, but I told Cliff that Camden sounded good and then I was out!! In recovery I wondered if I was remembering things correctly. When Cliff came in to the recovery room abotu an hour after Camden was born with our son I realized that 'yes,' we had a boy and we named him Camden Scott!! He was absolutely perfect. The misery of the c-section went away very qiuckly once I was able to hold him and we successfully nursed for the first time. He has been a champ in the eating area! He likes to eat. :)

I am so thankful for the family we had here waiting ALL day Monday. Cliff's parents, Kimberly, my parents, Trish, Dakota and Mimi all came to wait it out. I am certain God was in control but he sure did make us wait!!! All of these peole didn't even get to hold him that night. And poor Trish didn't even get to meet him. They had to leave Tuesday to get Dakota home since she was not feeling well. I hope that they get to come back in the next few weeks. Mimi won her bet with Dad with her prediction of the baby being a boy. I know it was a proud moment for her!

Below is the picture of us taken just before going in early Monday morning for the induction. We were excited and ready for he day knowing nothing about what we were about to experience.

Proud Aunt KK holding Camden. He was wide eyed and ready to take in the world yesterday.


I will try to get some better pictures to post soon!

5 comments:

The Dunton's said...

Congrats y'all, he's so handsome!! Hopefully we can meet him on our way home from CO!?!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

I was trying to edit and "removed". Anyway, Camden is BEAUTIFUL! We are so happy for you all! Congratulations!

Dawn & Rodney Pfahning

Kalie said...

He is so precious! Congratulations! I can't wait to hold him on Friday! Love you guys!!!

Debbie said...

he is so perfect, Jess. congratulations guys....you're going to LOVE being parents!!! now, try and get some rest! :)