Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Weekend of Fun!

Happy Love day to you all. Our day has been filled with church, family and more church. What could be better than remembering why we celebrate love day than to remember Jesus whose name means LOVE!

This weekend has been alot of fun at the Cary house. Our church threw us a fabulous baby shower so we had some family join us for the fun. Debbie and Kimberly flew in Friday night late and flew back home this afternoon. My parents and Mimi and Bipaw came Friday afternoon through yesterday afternoon. It was so nice having family here for a little while to celebrate baby with us and meet our church family.

Daddy's birthday is next week so I made him a chocolate cream pie. The pie is my grandmama's specialty so I consulted with her on recipe and instructions to get it just right. I was pretty proud of the final product as you can see in the picture below. We critiqued the product and next time I am sure it will be even better! Overall it was delicious, maybe just a little on the chocolaty side.


Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you and I am so proud to be your daughter. I am thankful for you!!!

Our shower was Saturday morning from 10-11:30. Andlet me tell you, I sat in that rocker the entire time and the presents flowed the full hour and a half. The ladies did an amazing job organizing and decorating for the shower. We are so blessed to be a part of such a generous church family. I have to say it is humbling to be showered with so much when others have so little. I am determined to be generous with my time, money and gifts to others.
Below is Cliff and I at the beginning of the shower. Yes, he attended the shower as well. He did a great job working the crowd while I unwrapped!!



Here is a pic of all of the wonderful hostesses!! I told you we are blessed. Thank you FBCA!!


I took some pictures of all of the baby stuff we got this weekend for family to see.
Here is the adorable high chair we got from my parents!! I love it and we have the perfect spot for it in our kitchen!




We have the baby einstein play thing from Trish and Aaron and our stroller/car seat combo from Nana and Grandpa. Thanks guys!!



Since we don't know the sex of the baby we got alot of books instead of clothes! Here are some of the sweet books we got. I can't wait to read them to our precious baby!


You can see the rest of the gifts here and the color of the baby's room. I love the color!! It is so calming and will be perfect for either a boy or a girl. The orange chair in the corner will be recovered soon if I can just locate a good upholsterer here in Amarillo. We got several very special hand made blankets. You can see the little bouncer, boppy, basket of clothes and basket of toys. Even the two diaper bags that I had wished for!!



Below is the picture of the dresser that I repainted. The changing pad is on top. It is a little big and I haven't decided if we will just make it work or try to find a smaller one. As you can see there is nothing on the walls yet and no baby bed in the room yet. The baby bed is still to be painted and I think wall hangings will wait until the baby arrives. We will finally know if we are having a boy or a girl and I will be able to stay home and make it just like I want it!


All in all it was a great weekend. I have five weeks left before my due date. We get to have a sonogram on Thursday. I am anxious to see how big they think the baby is and to see if we will have any clue if it may come early or not. I am still feeling great, just anxious for birth day to get here!

3 comments:

Kalie said...

Wow! What a great shower! I love love love the high chair! And the color of the room is awesome too! I can't wait for baby Cary to get here! Love you friend!

mark and elizabeth said...

your nursery is going to be precious!!! I love the color and it looks like you got so many fun things at the shower! so sad we missed it. only 5 weeks left!!!!! whoooo!

Jon Smedley said...

We got the exact baby einstein thing...haha! I am glad you both enjoyed the shower. I will have to tell Cliff that I was spared from all the excitement of Lindsey's. Have a great week and we cant wait to meet (him) the baby!