Sunday, November 1, 2009

20 Week Picture

Today I am officially 20 weeks pregnant. I am feeling great. No sickness or pains. Baby is growing normally. I was going to post a few sonogram pictures for everyone to see, but the pictures remain sitting on Cliff's desk. I don't know how to scan them in so there they wait for him to scan. You'll probably just have to come to Amarillo to see those! I am posting a picture of the growing belly with much reluctance. While I feel good, I hate looking at pictures of myself. Pregnancy has definitely not been good for the self esteem, but I know that lots of family have asked to see pictures lately. So here you go...


I've had two people tell me that they think we're having a girl. Of course I have to ask, "Why do you think that??" You know what they said?!?! Essentially, I have grown a big butt and big hips. Awesome, huh? Needless to say, I'm praying often that God would remind me about what really matters. I know he made me beautiful and he is knitting together a new life in me. I can be thankful for the changes when I remember that!! I'm growing a thick skin through all of this!

So take note, when you see a pregnant woman...just tell them they are beautiful and don't make any guesses whatsoever. Only God knows if it is a boy or a girl, we're all different so leave it at that!

I am getting so excited about the holidays! Cliff and I sat down over the weekend to map out holiday plans. I need to get organized on gifts for Christmas because the next few months will be hectic with lots of travelling! I can't wait for Thanksgiving. It is going to be awesome to spend time in Glen Rose with the Clary bunch! Then the next weekend I have lots of family coming in for my graduation. And then Christmas is just around the corner after that! Fun times to come, I'm pumped!

5 comments:

Donaldson Family said...

Jess I think you look beautiful and your little belly is too cute! Enjoy all the movement you feel inside because you will miss it, but it will be replace by a sweet baby! Love you

Mommy Librarian said...

Jess, You are glowing and beautiful :) I know it is hard on the self esteem being pregnant but all the body changes are worth it and in God's perfect plan to create a beautiful new life.

Amanda King

Jon Smedley said...

well I don't know what it is like to be pregnant, but I think you are going to be a great mom! I keep telling Lindsey that she is keeping the baby healthy by her staying healthy and that means her and the baby have to grow a little. You are both doing a great job and I can't wait for little smed and little cary to kick it! People told Lindsey she was having a girl and some said a boy. In the end no one knows! Keep up the good work!

The Dunton's said...

I remember not enjoying the changes my body made the first time around - this time is different physically but also spiritually. Enjoy your time with God and I'll be praying that He shows you only the joy of new life when you look in the mirror!

Michael, Brittany, Rylie, and Reagan said...

It just gets better as you go along. I remember how I hated my growing belly at first, and towards the end the more I grew the more I loved it!!