Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Update

I have not taken stats on phone calls this afternoon, but I can tell you the phone hasn't been ringing off the desk that's for sure! Ha! Only one more hour before my weekend begins. Weekends and I have a love/hate relationship these days. I LOVE the freedom I have on the weekends (Saturday in particular), but I hate that they fly by so fast and I only get so much done on my to do list.

Cliff left to go hunting yesterday so I'm left in Amarillo by myself until tomorrow night. I always have mixed feelings when he leaves. I know he loves going out to the land. It is so beautiful and peaceful, plus it is an opportunity to spend time with family. I love that he has the freedom to go. However, I do not like the feeling of being out of sorts when he's gone. It's a strange feeling. I am not afraid or anything, in fact I enjoy the chance to hear myself think and have alone time, it's just wierd not having any family here...no emergency contact, if you will, available. Sure, lots of people say they're around if I need anything, but it still doesn't feel the same to me. Plus, I'd rather be there counting Cliff Sr.'s cats at the land than sitting at this crazy desk!!!

Anyway, I plan to enjoy tonight and tomorrow and hopefully be really productive. I had originally planned to paint the baby's room, but the furniture did not get moved before Cliff left and I won't be moving it on my own. So, I will be grocery shopping for Thanksgiving baking needs, doing laundry, cleaning the house, and hopefully finding some Christmas presents. Christmas shopping seems so overwhelming to me at this point! When I go in to stores I see so much to buy I am practically frozen by the possibilities. Maybe this weekend will be a dry run to get some ideas. Also...I will hopefully be baking some cinnamon rolls!! Pioneer woman cinnamon rolls to be exact! I just need to move stuff around in my freezer to make room for them. Family be ready because I plan on bringing several pan fulls for our week in Glen Rose. I have made them once before and they are delicious!! I will definitely be enjoying some this weekend.

Well, I'm off to surf the web for another 40 minutes before I get out of here. Cold weather is coming this weekend, maybe 4-5 inches of snow. We'll see if the weather man is right or not!

No comments: