Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Searching

I have spent most of my day at work searching online for cute baby room stuff. Man! This is hard!! I know what I like and I know what I don't like, but still this is tough. Cliff might say I have expensive tastes, and maybe he's right, but I will always deny this fact. Why must we pay extra for unique things?!?! I do not want to do anything with a real theme in the baby's room. No animals or anything like that. Not knowing the sex of this baby has made decorating and nailing down ideas very, very difficult. I wish I were a seamstress and could whip out anything because it would make this process so much easier!



I found several sites on Etsy that will make custom bedding. You can even pick from awesome fabric paletes like this one: But alas...a four peice bed set costs $300! And that is just rediculousness. So...I continue my hunt for the perfect crib set that will work for a boy or a girl and will allow me to feel satisfied with the finished product.


In other news:
  • I have some ideas in my head for Christmas gifts, but don't have many bought yet.
  • Cliff had a blast hunting over the weekend. He shot an 8 point buck. I'll try to get him to post a pic of himself and grandpa with their kills.
  • The baby is moving a ton these days! I love feeling it wriggle around. Had a doctor's appointment Monday. I'm almost 23 weeks now. Doc says everything looks beautiful. I got the H1N1 shot so no getting sick for me....let's hope! (Funny story about my doctor: I told her what people had said about my growing hind end. I told her people speak from their own experiences and feel they must share their opnions often. She fired back with, "Well, they must have had a big butt to being with!" She made me feel very normal and helped me laugh about it all!)

2 comments:

Mommy Librarian said...

Yeah, baby stuff is insane. I wanted to do one of those sets too but it was too pricy and I couldn't find one I liked. So I decided to make my own theme. I picked lady bugs, found the wall decorations myself and stuck with easy to find bedding in red, white and checkered. It was so much cheaper and allowed lots of people choices on the registry. The end effect was a very unique baby room that I absolutly loved and ended up being cheaper than one set.

It is so much fun picking that stuff out though!!! Have fun!

Amanda Torrealba King

Donaldson Family said...

Hey Jess,

Have you thought about black and white? I know it's not colorful but you could get like that paisley bedding and then when the baby comes and you find out what it is then you can get certain colors in decor to hang on the walls, like a bright pink if it's a girl and just add accessories in that color to brighten things up a bit. Just a thought! They also have the travel system stroller/car seat combo in black and white!
Love ya, can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!!!!!!!