Monday, December 15, 2008

Update

Things around here have been pretty busy lately. Last week Cliff went out to the land from Thursday through Saturday. He got to hunt and hang out with his dad some. I think he really enjoyed the time alone out there. I get to go back with him this weekend! We get to leave Wednesday night and stay through Saturday. It is going to be awesome!

I had to work and get Christmas shopping done while he was gone. With the move, Christmas shopping was put on the backburner this last month. Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday were spent shopping between everything else. I had a ladies luncheon from 11-12:30 Saturday at church, then I went to the Nutcracker at 3 that same day. I shopped between events. Cliff surprised me and was home by 6:30 so we got to go to dinner together and then he helped me get a little more shopping done. We have fun together.

I was pretty down Saturday morning. I was going to these events and I really thought it was unfair that I didn't have anyone to go with me. I was mad that I had to live up here isolated from my friends and family. I was mad that I do not have the privelege of worshipping in a church with my family like I did all growing up. I want to attend these ladies things with my sisters and my mom-or any family really.

I was praying for a good attitude and really just telling God all about it. In His great love he reminded me that He is with me. He reminded me why I am here and who I am serving. I still would have liked to have someone with me shopping and going to the Nutcracker, but I enjoyed the day with Him. I enjoyed the beauty of the colors and dancers. He let me get alot of shopping done. I am so thankful for those years at Tate Springs. I miss those years, but at the same time I am thankful for this journey that the Lord has me on. He is good and He is merciful and patient with my frustrated moods.

I am really looking forward to Thursday. I am looking forward to being in Brownwood for a few hours! :)

If you've made it to the end of this post, please pray for Cliff. He is beat down by his school stuff that he is still trying to finish up!!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Oh I so know what you mean! I guess I thought those years in Arlington together would go on forever. I never imagined we would all be spread out all over the place. And sometimes I get a little sad about it. But then I think, everyone are still here, I can call them. And I do. I probably make everyone crazy and it's not as satisfying but it picks me up a bit. And I know many people who have no one to call at all. So I just burn up my minutes - or take a nap - sometime that works even better! Love YA!