Monday, November 17, 2008

Another week

It's Monday again. Another busy week ahead. Tonight I have to go to an Amarillo ISD school board meeting and skip about an hour and a half of my class. It is a requirement for my class to go to a community meeting and I haven't found anything that I could get to. So, tonight I'll be going to that at 6 and then heading over to Canyon to catch the rest of class.

I have three weeks of school left...awesome! Cliff should be finishing up his stuff this week.

This weekend I get to go to Houston for my cousin Chase's wedding. I cannot wait! Except Cliff can't go of course. :( This does mean however, that I have to be very organized this week to get everything that I need for Thanksgiving.

I am making an apple crunch pie off of pioneer woman using her crust recipe. I am looking forward to trying the crust. I like my normal recipe but this one uses egg so maybe it'll be better. Also I am going to make this yummy pumpkin cake. I might make two...that's how good it is. I'm also going to bring a ham and a couple of side dishes. Not sure yet what sides though. I've got to figure that out.

Sunday was mostly a wasted day for me. Church was ok. Then I left to go to Plainview which is a little less than an hour and a half. I had a group meeting at 2 and thought I'd get to Wayland's library an hour early to work on my part of the project. Well...the library didn't open until 2. Plainview is a tiny podunk town and they do not have a coffee shop with internet. The Starbucks closed months ago. So...I parked at the library, leaned my seat back and slept for about 40 minutes. The meeting was pretty pointless. Pretty much everyone just needs to get their stuff done. One girl didn't even show up until 4! Ugh!

We have a ton of work to get done on the house...but the week has started again. :)

I'm thankful for a quiet day in the office
I'm thankfu that I got to chat with Kimberly online for a few hours
I'm thankful that next weekend I get to see LOTS of family
I'm thankful Thanksgiving is next week.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Jessica, isn't technology crazy!?

I've been catching up on your blogs and it looks like yall are doing well and happy.

I noticed you love the Pioneer Woman and I thought you might like this website that I found....
http://bakerella.blogspot.com/

I haven't tried her stuff yet, but it is really cute and looks delicious!
-Julie