Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday

Goodmorning all! Cliff and I had a super busy weekend.

First, we left Friday right after I got off of work to head to Plainview where Cliff led a Sunday School training for three of the Baptist Associations in the surrounding areas. This was his first experience speaking outside of our own church member trainings so he was a bit nervous before it began. He did an AWESOME job. I am so proud of him. I went along to help with technical stuff and for moral support. He has three sessions, teaching, reaching and sunday school 101. We had some good discussions with the 8 that were there. They were all from very small churches and had some interesting issues to deal with. Thankfully, God has given Cliff experiences in a very small church and in a larger church so he could relate. I wanted to take video of him doing it, but Cliff nixed the idea. Maybe next time.

Saturday we had lunch at a great Mexican food place in Plainview then headed back to Amarillo. Cliff and I stopped in Canyon to visit with Kalie for a little bit since she was in town to see family. It was soo great to see her and Lorin and the rest of the Lowrie clan. :) By this time is was about 4:30 and we had plans to go to the big Tri-State Fair and Rodeo.

Cliff and I drove home, changed clothes real quick and went out to the Fair. We enjoyed roasted corn, a turkey leg and lemonade. We watched the rodeo and then shared a funnel cake. It was tons of fun! We also got to ride one ride together and lost twice playing the ring toss.

Sunday we had church which was great. I went grocery shopping right after and then fixed sandwiches. I also finished grading papers and discovered my professor gave us an extra week for our assignment which I was pumped about. I got to take a nap!! Woohoo!

Finally, we wrapped up the weekend with church, then dinner and football at Hannah and Joe's place. So fun...

Time for another busy week!

Check out my sweet neice at donaldsonfamily-lifewithdakota.blogspot.com!!

1 comment:

The Dunton's said...

I don't think we have any plans that weekend... If we do we'll cancel so we can see you guys! Let me know when you'll be around! :)