Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another post

So I know...I am pretty lame. Another post, but you know...there are some hours in my day that are really boring. And I have been concentrating on Social Research homework for a long time and I need a break. Plus, it is the last hour of the day and generally that is longest, most torturous hour for a receptionist! :)

Anyway, so I've been thinking about something with regard to moving and having lived in Amarillo for a year. Many of the normal things in life become uncomfortable and just not fun, but they are essential must dos. One I had to do out of necessity in the spring and that is finding a gyno! Well, so I had asked around trying to find a good one that people like. Well, everyone I met gave me two names. One wasn't taking new patients and the other I couldn't remember the day that I was sitting down to make an appointment. So, I pull out the trusty yellow pages and go search for a doc. Many of you have heard the story, but I ended up going to this doc who has her practice out of her home which is this giant stucco house on a hill next to pastures outside of town. It is really a pretty cool place. I could see her 13 year old son's room from the hallway. The nurses were nice and the doc nice too. After driving out and calling twice I ended up going in after I had had thoughts of maybe I shouldn't do this! It turned out fine and I'll probably go back next year, that is if Cliff will let me. He nearly came unglued after I told him the story of getting there...ha! She has a rep for being really earthy, but that might be nice. Not sure what exactly people mean by "earthy." :)

Well, so today marks another one of those hated necessities about moving. You know, those things that you have to find or do like finding a doctor or hairstylist. I am getting my hair chopped off. For the past year I've been going to pro cuts somewhat regularly for trims and my hair is now to the middle of my back. I found out Cliff likes it shorter so I am doing something that will please him hopefully, and me...I kinda need a change.

Once again, against my better judgement, I have turned to the Yellow Pages. I can get in tonight so I'm going. Could be a total disaster, but maybe not. I'll keep you posted.

Here is a lsit of other hated moving chores: the basic water, electricity, phones, internet, family doctor (haven't done that yet), dentist (2 hour intitial consult/cleaning!), pharmacy, eye doctor (found a pretty good one), grocery store...not sure what else. Even after living a year I haven't gotten through the list. You have to space out uncomfortable encounters!

Anyway, those are my ramblings of the afternoon. Fun times tonight at 7 with Jacinda...hope she is good! :)

PS no word on the house yet!

No comments: