Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Weekend to Look Forward To

I am at work today. Nothing special about this day really. Cliff is out of town at a conference, he will be home sometime Wednesday night. Tonight I will be going to baby class to learn about birth while trying not to freak out over the many unknowns to come. 10 weeks and counting until we meet baby Cary. I am still feeling good. Sleeping at night is not the greatest joy it once was since I have to get up several times and I have a hard time finding a comfortable position. But hey, if that is my only complaint, I think I'm doing pretty good!

I am soooo ready for Friday. Cliff and I are kind of living our lives this week in passing. He gets home Wednesday night and then I will be leaving him Friday right after work to head to Arlington where I will get to see many of my college girlfriends!! (The drive is not really something to look forward to, but you know...you do what you gotta do right?) Brandi has been so generous to let us crash at her place for a couple of nights. I am sure there will be constant chatter and some good food thrown in the mix. We will get to the end of the weekend and say we wish we had more time. That seems to be the way it always ends. Many of us only "stay in touch" through facebook so it will be such a treat to get to talk face to face and catch up on life this past year. I can't wait to look through old pictures of our days in Brownwood together and reminisce. Those were the best days!! I am so thankful that my parents gave me those four years of college!

I think the picture below pretty much sums up the fun and carefree time that college was! Ha! We have all changed, we have all been through struggles that have shaped us into different people. Some of us have travelled to far away places, started new careers, continued in our education, gotten married, had babies, experienced loss of all kinds, moved to new homes and so much more. All of us have learned new things about ourselves and about God.


I also get to stop in and see Dom and Gus and maybe Luke on Sunday morning on my way back to Amarillo!! I am equally as excited about getting a few hours with them! I hate that it has to be under such circumstances, I wish I could see them at their home in Denton rather than at the hospital. We will make the best of it though!


No comments: