Friday, January 1, 2010

And it is 2010!

2010...I have sure looked forward to this year for a very, very long time. I rang in the new year with my dear friend Kalie last night. She has been in town with her family for a couple of weeks now. Her family was so kind to give her up for a night so that we could hang out. It was so good to talk, make cookies, and watch a fun movie. We even had a quick visit from two other friends from Brownwood, Kayla and Wendy! They were stopping in Amarillo over night on the way home from a ski trip.

Kalie left mid morning and I have had the day to rest and refinish a chest of drawers for the babies' room. I sanded it down and put two coats of paint on. I have just a few touch ups left. It looks great! Cliff offered to help paint the whole room next weekend so I changed gears for my original plan this weekend. He is off hunting again at the Ranch so I have a quiet couple of days left. I am looking forward to dinner with friends tonight. And I am missing family who are celebrating the holidays in Oklahoma with Grandaddy and Grandma Patti. I definitely hate missing out!

I am not much on making new year's resolutions. But I definitely have alot to look forward to this year. In 11 short weeks we will be holding out precious baby. While I have no idea how drastically life will change I am ready to embrace those changes whatever they may be.

No comments: