Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Eagle Has Landed!

Cliff and the rest of the Kenya crew arrived in Amarillo last night around 7. It sounds like they had quite the harried travel experience. The plane from London left late which meant they arrived in Dallas late. Thankfully, the plane from Dallas to Amarillo was having some trouble so it was delayed about half an hour. After worrying through customs and sprinting to their next flight they were able to make the flight and arrive home only thirty minutes late. Their luggage did not make the flight but was sent on the last flight to Amarillo.

Cliff was really tired and in that dazed state after more than 30 hours of travel and being awake. We grabbed some Mexican food and then went home. Cliff showered and pretty much fell asleep. I went back up to the airport at 10 to retrieve his baggage. I'm pretty sure Cliff slept through the night. He was still sleeping when I left this morning! I'm so glad he is getting to rest up, hopefully jet lag won't be such a beast this time. Time will tell. :) I didn't want to get out of bed this morning either, not necessarily because I was tired, but because I was sooo glad to have Cliff home! Life is good today. :)

2 comments:

Dominee said...

I'm glad he made it home safely and that you have your hubby back!

Debbie said...

yayyy! glad hes back home safely! :)