Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Phone Call from Cliff

I got a phone call from Cliff yesterday around 2. I answered the phone at the church in my usual receptionist fashion and his voice was on the other end! It was so good to hear from him. He sounded very tired because it was around 10pm there. It sounded like they had a good day. Things had not gone exactly as planned with their schedule but they got in alot of play time with the kids.

He returns sometime next Tuesday so he has several more days there with the kids and then he'll spend the last couple of days on safari! Keep praying that God would use the team there in a powerful way. The medical team has worked very hard. Apparantly there has been an outbreak of the Mumps in the community where they are working and they have seen some very sick people.

Mom came to stay with me for a few days! She arrived yesterday and will leave Friday. I have to work, but we get to spend the evenings together. I'm thankful that she is here.

1 comment:

Emily said...

JEss! Okay I never read your blog but I saw it on Dom's and thought I'd check it out. Cool to hear updates from you! Hopefully I will check it more often. Wow-sounds like yall are busy and Cliff in Kenya sounds neat! I'm soooo sorry about your bunny! I know you were looking forward to having one at my wedding, and were so happy when you got one! Hopefully, you'll find a new one who will live a longer life. I love you!