Friday, July 24, 2009

Cliff to Kenya

Well, our week at Camp Xtreme was an amazing week! I can't post pictures until Cliff gets back from Kenya because he took the SD card.

I dropped Cliff off at the airport this morning for his long day of travel to Kenya. He was excited but also out of sorts with the craziness of the past 24 hours. We got back home from camp/cleanup about 4, did a couple loads of laundry and then re-packed Cliff for Kenya. I dropped him off at the airport about 8:30, then headed back to the church to work. I get a call from Cliff about 10:00 telling me he left his malaria medicine at home! His flight was leaving at 11:20 so I had to leave work, rush home and then to the airport to get his meds to him. Although, it was a crazy morning he should be in Dallas by now and thankfully has everything he needs. I am so excited for him to be able to go back to the BCC this year and see all of the kids again. Please join me in praying for God's hand to move through the group this week. God's plan reaches far beyond what our eyes can see and I know hearts will be touched. Cliff will be teaching the kids each day so pray for him to get rest even as he travels and to have a clear mind to be used by God. I am so proud of him.

I don't have much planned while he is away. I know the days will fly by. I have some school work to complete and a house to clean and organize. I am also hoping to find a new bunny after the tragedy of last week! I look froward to the weekend of rest...I'm so tired right now!

I have to say, I am so thankful that God worked it out for me to go to camp. I don't have to go to Kenya for a mission trip because God brought 17 African kids to camp with us this year!!! Several of our campers this year were members of our church who are refugees from Tanzania and Sudan. I was able to really bond with four of the girls this week. Sincere, Foibe, Violette and Odette were such a joy to get to know! When I load the pictures I'll share some of their stories. It is unbelieveable all that they endured in their countries. These girls have lived in the states for about 2 years. Our church sure did stand out with 17 4th, 5th and 6th graders chattering in a different language! Ha!!

No comments: