Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby!

Today is Dakota's 1st birthday! It is a bittersweet day for me because I want to be there giving her kisses so badly! She is having her birthday party tomorrow. Aaron and Trish will enjoy having friends and family over to celebrate and Dakota will get to have some cake!

Cliff and I rushed to Arlington on June 5th last year after hearing news that Dakota was on her way via c-section. We were barely out of town when Aaron called to say he was looking at his gorgeous baby girl! That night storms were sweeping across the panhandle from Amarillo towards Arlington...our route to welcome Dakota. We did not arrive in Arlington until 3:30AM! Three hours were spent on the highway that had become a parking lot after power lines were blown down by the storm. I will never forget that night. So many emotions for me and also one really full bladder sitting on that highway! I was so excited that God had brought Dakota safely in to this world and that Trish was doing fine. I remember looking at a photo of her that Aaron texted me just minutes after her birth. I was so proud of my big brother who had become a Daddy!

We got up early that next morning and headed to the hospital where Cliff and I got to hold her for the first time. Those were fun times in the hospital!

Here is Dakota the morning after her birht. She had the most perfect skin and the sweetest lips!

Trish and Dakota surprised Cliff and I when Dakota was one year old by hopping in with Mom and Dad when they came to visit. I remember opening my front door and there stood Trish and Dakota! That was truly the best surprise ever. I am so grateful for those few days spent loving on them.



And then in February of this year we all got to be together for a whole week skiing in Steamboat. Dakota was so fun to travel with! Below she and Na-Na are hanging out making a mess while everyone else is sledding!



We are also celebrating Ruby's birthday this week! She turns one on the 9th. Aaron and Churck were born 20 days apart and their first daughters were born only four days apart. Such a fun time! Below is sweet Ruby enjoying her birthday party they had this week!



Dakota and Ruby, Uncle Cliff and Aunt Jess love you very much! We are celebrating your lives today and are praying blessings for the years to come.

4 comments:

Donaldson Family said...

So sweet, Jess. I had tears reading this and remembering her birth as it happened. Wish y'all didn't live so far! Love you guys!!!

Debbie said...

so precious!! love those pictures, too! they grow up so fast!!

The Dunton's said...

Thanks Jess, that was so sweet.
Chuck didn't get to vacation with us, he just couldn't take the time off of work - we've got to save up for Christmas and baby #2 coming the next month. But we're doing ok and Ruby is settling in well.

Debbie said...

Right now our house is technically in Kennedale! We live south of 20, off Little Road and Pennsylvania. Really close to the high school. :)