Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dad and His New Hip

My Dad had hip replacement surgery yesterday. If you follow me on facebook I updated several times yesterday to let everyone know how he's doing. The surgery went great. The doctor told Mom that he couldn't believe that Dad had still been walking. His hip had awful deterioration! Bart McDonald, pastor of my home church, took the pic of Dad before he was taken in to surgery. I'm so thankful he had a roomful of people to make him laugh before going under.

God is so good and got Dad through the operation. Please continue to pray for Mom and Dad the next several weeks. Dad has had physical therapy this morning and this afternoon. He was up and walking on his hip today. It sounds like it was very painful for him and made him nauseaus! I don't think he or Mom slept much last night. I bet he'll be worn out after today though! Mom sounded really tired this morning, but when I talked to her around lunch time she sounded better. She had been home, excercised and showered!

Dad has quite the painful road ahead of him, but he'll be a different man before too long! I can't wait to give him a hug this weekend and see him walking. Please say a prayer for him if you think about it!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I am so glad it's over! I think the hard part is still coming but if they don't kill each other - think what fun they can have skiing next year!