Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goin' to the Land!

Today after I get off of work we are heading to Coleman County...The Land...as we refer to it, and we are so excited. I for one am ready to get out of Amarillo!! It's strange because living in Brownwood we had opportunity to 'get out of town' alot more! We'd go to dinner and a movie in Abilene, or go hunting at the land, or maybe head to Arlington for a quick weekend trip...but not here. There is NOWHERE close enough, or cheap enough, to go to get out of Amarillo!

But this weekend we are. I took off work tomorrow so that we could meet Cliff, Debbie, Grandpa and Grandaddy out at the land. We get to stay through Saturday afternoon then drive back Saturday night. The house out there is almost complete so we are going to work on it a little more. I'll post pictures when we return.

This week has been a pretty fast week. I have totally put off working on a paper this week! It is due Monday night, 8 pages on an intervention method (Groupy Play Therapy), and I have maybe 3 pages written. But, I'm really not going to do much until Sunday except research online. I'll finish it up Sunday and Monday before class. Monday is my last class, just have to go in and turn in my paper and do evaluations. Woo hoo! I've already signed up for my next two classes for the fall. I'm taking a research methods class online and then a social policy class through UTA. I found out I have to find my placement by December. Man, am I overwhelmed! I wish I were in Brownwood to choose one because I am familiar with all of the agencies. I am praying that God would direct me to the right place.

We leave for Kenya in 7 days. Please be in prayer for travel, for the orphans we'll meet and for our hearts to be sensitive to God's leading.

Family and friends please know I miss you and love you ALOT! I often think of each of you and think of sweet memories. My friend Audra Parris had her baby recently and I have yet to get to speak with her personally. We've been playing phone tag. She named him Dublin, isn't that so cute! I wish I could be close to Fort Worth to hang out and celebrate this time with her. Also, Dom is graduating in 6 days! I want to be there to celebrate that awesome occassion! I hate distance, but please know I am thinking of you both. And I am so proud of you Dom!

No comments: