Thursday, July 17, 2008

Camp time!

Camp Xtreme is upon us!! Cliff leaves Sunday to get ready for Camp which begins Monday. This week has been very busy preparing for everything. Cliff and his interns have worked tirelessly! We are praying that this years camp will be the best yet. I get to go Monday night after class or Tuesday morning if I'm too tired, we'll see. I'm not sure how long it takes to get out to Floydada where camp is held.

This past weekend we didn't do much. We relaxed and did some running around. It is nice to be at home on a weekend. We've actually had several quiet weekends lately and this one will be no different I don't think. The cruddy part is that we have no family or friends to visit! That part stinks!

We do have a couple friend moving to the area though. Hannah and Joe are either moving to Pampa or Amarillo. They were our college friends and then forever friends after we graduated. Hannah and Joe served on the church staff with us at FBC Brownwood. I'm thankful to have them in the area soon. Hannah will be teaching for Clarendon college in Pampa and we are praying for Joe to find a job in the area.

I am finally all better after my salmonela poisoning. I had a whole interview with the health department and everything. Wierd experience. Still have no clue where I contracted it. I am so thankful Mom, Dad, Trish, Dakota and Cliff didn't get sick. Praise the Lord!

I will post pics of the fourth weekend soon. Just haven't taken the time! Cliff and I are soo excited about going to Kenya. I ordered some craft supplies from oriental trading yesterday and it is beginning to sink in that in about a month we'll be off to another country! I can't wait. I pray that we will be able to connect with the kids and really encourage them in their faith. Please pray that our hearts will be prepared as well as the hearts of the children in Kenya. :)

Cliff and I are also itching to get out to the land near Coleman. For those who don't know Cliff's family has some hunting land in Coleman county. They have been building a "house" out there for family and friends to sleep/eat in. We get to go the weekend of the first and WE CAN'T WAIT! I sure wish we could get out there more!

God is good to us and we could not be more grateful for his provision! We still don't have a house, but we are definitelyin hot pursuit of the right one. Keep that on your prayer list as well...I'm ready to have all of my things in one place.

Until next time! Love you all! come see us soon!

No comments: