Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tues Night in Amarillo

Well I promise to try and make these blogs a little more often. Once a week just is not cutting it. Besides that when I get ready to type so much has happened since last time.

We had a pretty good weekend in Glorietta, NM. FBC Amarillo has an amazing lodge out there. Jess and I definitely want to plan a trip out there with family and friends. One of the "perks" to being on staff is that we can use it whenever we would like as long as there is not a church group there. The cabin has a big room that can be used for conferences but is set up with couches and tables for food. There is a side room with 2 ping pong tables, and a great big kitchen. There are probably 20 individual rooms that are nicer than some hotels that I have stayed in. There are also two rooms full of bunks that you can sleep over 100 people in. All that to say it is stinkin amazing and you have got to see it.

As far as the weekend we were a little out of place since everyone else there have been married for at least 5 years and are having there second child if not there third or fourth. We did have a great time Saturday walking around downtown Santa Fe, that is one crazy place.

To top everything off we finished the weekend with a Sunday evening organ concert at church. Don't get me wrong, I love the organ and I think it is really cool that people can play it, but after about 2 or 3 songs I start checking out. The only thing that got me through is watching other people, either dying or totally into it. My favorite person was the lady that was about 10 seats over from me in the balcony. She spent most of her time watching the organist through a pair of BINOCULARS. I am telling you I could spit and hit the guy in the back of the head, but the lady used binoculars.

Well I am wrapping up another night at the coffee shop. I hope everyone is well, and I PROMISE to update soon!

1 comment:

Dominee said...

Ha, ha! An organ concert! Of course there is a woman using binoculars...what else does one do at such a concert. Hilarious!