Monday, September 10, 2007

Its a Monday

Well today has been crazy from start to finish. I was in meetings all but about 2 1/2 hours today. They were all good and felt productive, but I really did not get anything thing else done. I am looking forward to tomorrow so that I can get some more things done.

Overall the weekend was pretty good. We had a good time at the football game Friday night. There were a lot of people there, but it still did not compare to the complete craziness of Brownwood football. We wasted about an hour of our lives waiting to get out. From now on we will be leaving early or waiting for everyone else to leave.

The training on Saturday was, well it was...yeah just like that. The highlight of the time was when an older lady from another church started describing this amazing game that she plays with her kids at church. She went on and on about it before she told us it was the game "spoons." Many of my Sunday School teachers got a good kick out of it. In fact so much that I started laughing in the back and another Children's Minister in the group came back and apologized for her worker and her crazy talk. It was a good connecting point for me and some of my workers, except they all want to adapt it to play forks.

God continues to help us settle in here. I had a fourth grade Sunday School class yesterday that within the group of 20 children there were 5 different nationalities represented. God is so awesome. We actually had one little girl in the class that could not speak or understand English. She just sat there and listened. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

Just to let you know it is about 53 degrees right now and it is suppose to drop to 50 for the night. This weather may be interesting!

No comments: