Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Preparing for Kenya

We leave for Kenya in three days! Crazy...tonight we have alot to do cleaning the apartment, laundry, and laying things out to make sure we have what we need. I really hope we can pack minimally since we are already each carrying a 50 pound bag with VBS supplies.

I wanted to get you all a link to a blog that will be kept up by Jeff and possibly Cliff throughout the trip. We will have limited access to phones and computers if any at all. The link is http://fbcinafrica08.blogspot.com/. You can get to it by going to the First Baptist web site if this link doesn't work for you. The FBCA web site is www.fbc-amarillo.org. Right now, there is a group in Uganda. Three of those team members will be meeting us in Kenya so you will see Uganda updates as well until they make it to Kenya. Please be praying for safety and health. Also, pray that we would be open and bold in speaking truth in love to those we will meet. Pray that the children and our team will connect and that they will warm up to us quickly and us to them.

In other news...I had my last summer class last night. It felt so good to turn my paper in and be done! I will start again August 25th with two more classes.

Cliff turns 24 on the 9th! We will be celebrating in London. Pray he has a good day and that I will be able to make him feel special.

No comments: