Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Temporary Home.....Kenya

Well we made it to Kenya and have already spent a full day at the orphanage. Our flights were not too bad, I am just glad to not be on an airplane. That is waaaay to long for me to a confined space.

We are all a little exhausted after going nonstop, but it has already been a blessing. Jessica and I had a great time today worshiping with the orphans and the community children as well as playing with them in the afternoon. Their smiles and warm hugs are something I am already looking forward to tomorrow. It is unbelievable how content these children are with so little. We had the best time today sitting down coloring with children from four years old all the way to twelve. We have a full day of VBS planned for tomorrow. I hope everything goes as planned, I know that even if it does not God will take care of us. One unexpected twist for tomorrow is that we have 300 children from other orphanages coming to the medical clinic. We are trying to plan some activities so that we can have some interaction with them as well.

I hope everyone is doing well, I do not know how often i will post but I will try as much as possible. Jessica and I love you all and can feel your prayers.

No comments: