Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 2

Well, no pictures for you today, but it has been a great Sunday. Camden and I got to skype with Cliff and see his face. He made it safely to Kenya with the team. But they have NO luggage!! Every bag was missing when they arrived in Kenya and they still haven't gotten them back yet. Cliff said they are faring well though and should have their luggage first thing in the morning. The team also has another challenge to deal with as they begin day 1 with the kids tomorrow at the Baptist Children's Home. Instea of 40 kids, they will be having well over 100 kids each day for the VBS. The whole school gets to participate instead of just the kids staying at the BCC! Cliff sounded very positive at all. They are just having to be flexible and roll with the moment. Please pray for their continued safety and that God would use each person as He sees fit throughout the week.

Camden and I enjoyed a morning at my home church, Tate Springs. It was so good to worship with family and my church family. Also, it was such a wonderful change to worship in a place where so many wonderful memories live for me! Camden got to be in the same nursery where I spent many Sundays as a baby. The lady in the nursery this morning was the same lady who rocked me when I was a baby. Camden did great and got to hang with his cousin Aleigh during worship! We rested this afternoon and then went to a friend's 50th birthday party at On the Border where we saw many old Tate Springers! Camden slept the whole time but I sure did enjoy seeing so many dear friends.

Tomorrow we get to swim with the cousins and see Dom, Gus and Aunt Lynne! Fun day ahead!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awww Jess...I'm enjoying reading about your time in A-town. Makes me miss yall even more...give Dom and Gus bigs hugs and kisses for me (and Camden of course)...and all those other cousins, neices, etc.
Emily