Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Is this week over yet?

Well today is Wednesday and I am typing this at 3:55pm. Now I'm just wasting time, answering a few phone calls here and there until the day ends at 5! Can't wait for that clock to say 5pm. So this week has already been stretching out for me and it is only Wednesday. I guess that is a good thing...at least it's not Monday again. I have a couple more weeks left of class, but most of the work will be done by Friday. I have two more days to finish a 10-12 page paper. I've got two written and I've read all of the journal articles that I need to write it. Just got to get it all typed up. Ugh! I'm looking forward to this weekend. Cliff and I get to go with the Bible Drillers to Lubbock for their State drill. We'll go tomorrow evening and come back Saturday afternoon. The kids are drilling on Friday night so we'll have all of Saturday just to hang out and get to know the kids. I look forward to relaxed time with them to really get to know who they are. I pray that God uses it for his purposes. I pray that Cliff and I can really show the kids God's love and the amazing things that he can do with a life fully devoted to him.

I am hoping to go shopping Saturday too. I need some new clothes! Maybe we'll get back Saturday in enough time to go to the mall. I had wanted to go one night this week, but that's out of the question at this point.

Cliff has been busy this week. He had VBS training Monday night. I think it went ok, not many people showed up but all of the planned stuff went well. I didn't get to go because I had class. Cliff has been running pretty crazy these days. He is pretty tired, maybe he'll be able to get some rest after we get back from Lubbock. Summer is coming VERY quickly with all of it's activities. I often wonder what the Lord thinks about all of our stuff. The stuff crowds in all too often. But then again...I get bored so quickly! Something is wrong with this picture.

Cliff and I discovered last Saturday that Amarillo is hurting for a good skating rink. We went skating with the 4th graders for their sunday school party. First of all, the kids didn't really know how to skate!! We were pretty shocked by that, but then we got our skates on and stepped out onto the floor. The floor was particle board...painted white!!! It was rediculous you couldn't even go very fast for all of the bumps and crevices. Apparantly, that's about it for skating rinks here. Bummer...we need a Big Wheel or Skatium to come to our town.

And...I'm trying to forgive this week. Never before has anyone made me cry in a public situation by being ugly to me, but Monday it happened. This lady came in quite silently I must add while I reading my text book. I was in the zone you see...the phone hadn't rung in quite a while and no one had been coming through the office. The next thing I know I hear, "WELL THAT'S RUDE!" And the lady stormed out of the office. None of my attempts to get her to come back in worked and I just busted into tears. Crying made me even madder! Ugh...I really don't want to come into contact with that lady every again.

Well, I've wasted a little time at work. I think ya'll are updated. Cliff and I are starting to house hunt. Please pray that God would lead us to the right place. Also, please pray for Cliff to get rest. And I am really aching for a friend right now. I'm fighting the lonliness. God will provide.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Jess, I love you so much and I am praying that God will send you that special friend very soon. I also am sorry that this lady made you cry. I can't wait to see you in June!
I love you bunches
Leigh

The Dunton's said...

Hi Jess,
Hope all is well. I have a thank you note to send but don't have your address! Please send it to me when you can. Thanks!
Love you and miss you,
Ginger