Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Cary's came to visit!

I know, I know...we haven't posted in forever. I (Jess) have started working full time for our church as the receptionist. It has worked out great so far...though summer is coming and I'm trying not to be bitter about missing out on hanging with the kids every week. God is allowing me to go to camp and Kenya of all places! Cliff and I get to go on a mission trip together, we are so excited. That'll be in August.

This weekend was so great. We got to hang out with family! Cliff and Debbie came Friday and we really enjoyed spending time together. We did everything Amarillo...Panhandle Plains Museum in Cayon, we went to Palo Duro Canyon, we also went to see Cadillac Ranch and finished the day off at the Big Texan. We ate some good steak and watched this guy fail at eating the 72 oz steak.

I will post pictures of the cruise shortly. I was waiting to get mine and Kimberly's together in one file since Kimberly took most of the pictures on the trip. It was a blast though. So nice to spend an entire week with family. We'll have to make that a tradition, K??

I'm finishing up this semester of school and Cliff is starting a new one up. We will both be done in about 1.5-2 years. Man we can't wait to be done with reading, papers and tests!! We are blessed with the opportunity of an education though.

What else has happened lately...Cliff is feverishly working on VBS. Next Monday is VBS training for local churches here at FBC. He is also still meeting once a month for the 456 camp that is coming up in June. Last night he worked late trying to nail down dates for special events during the summer.

The next big thing is coming up in May. It is the Mother/Son fun day. We're having a big scavengar hunt around town and then meeting back at the FLC for lunch. It'll be a good day and one of Cliff's ideas for the kids! The Father/Daughter dinner was a success so hopefully this one will be as much fun as well.

We are both anticipating the coming of our new neice Dakota. She'll be here at the end of June. Pray that we have the ability to get to Arlington ASAP when Dakota starts her decent into this wolrd. :) Have fun with that Trish!!

I got to go to Stephanie's wedding a couple of weeks ago. Steph was my college roomate and good friend. She married Nick Sapien and the wedding was beautiful. It was fun making the trip to Arlington, seeing the neices and then making the drive to Brownwood with Bran and my parents.

We miss everyone so much...plan on coming to visit soon!

2 comments:

The Dunton's said...

Hey Jess,
thanks for the comment! I'm glad to read that things are going well. I'm counting the days until the semester is over but am still not done with school for good either. Oh well, like you said - be grateful for an education! Hope to see you soon!
-Ginger

Mom and Dad said...

Wow you finally updated. I thought you guys had forgot about your blog