Friday, September 25, 2009

I Remember

I wanted to share with you a song by Sara Groves that overwhelmed me with the goodness of God this afternoon. As most of you know my Friday afternoons at work are very slow. Generally, Fridays are my grumpy days where I pine for 5 o'clock ALL-DAY-LONG. I spend my day facebook stalking and surfing the web. Well, today...God made himself real and reminded me of all the ways he has allowed me to see his faithfulness in my 25 years. I am convicted and in awe of him right now...tight chest, watery eyes and all. My small gripes of today (work, overwhelming school work, marital tensions, and general worries) seem very small in light of the hugeness of my God!


I remember today God's incredible provisions in my life and in the life of those around me. Too many to count and too many to list. The people, places and experiences that I have had that shape me in to the person I am today. Many of which are only known and felt by myself and known by God. Many too powerful to put in words. I hate that I forget that I have seen God completely transform people. He still does transform people. And He continues to transform me day by day as I move closer to the day Jesus returns. The song by Sara Groves says, "I saw what I saw and I can't forget it." I remember today. Do you remember?

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love you, Jess. I'm glad God is still teaching you (us) every day. You are such an encouragement to me even being states away and not talking near as often as we'd both like. But I love you and that hasn't changed. And wow! You are having a baby!